With a touch of Asian flavor, these bacon-wrapped meatballs will be a delicious hit.
Hands-on Time: 5 min | Total Time: 5 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. sliced bacon
- ¼ cup chili or barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- Arrange 2 racks in upper and lower part of oven. Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 rimmed baking pans with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, green onion, gingerroot, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and eggs.
- Shape into 1½” balls. Cut each slice of bacon into thirds. Wrap bacon around meatball, stretching slightly to fit. Place seam side down on baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bacon is browned and meatball reaches at least 160°F. Remove from baking pan to large shallow bowl.
- Discard foil; reline pan with clean sheet of foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, stir together chili sauce, honey and Sriracha sauce. Gently stir honey mixture into meatballs. Place meatballs in single layer on baking pan. Bake 5 minutes longer or until glaze is set.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Meatballs can be baked ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days. Reheat at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 110, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 2g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.