This sweet and tangy balsamic glaze gives this salad a hit combination and will become an amazing summer salad for your party!
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups balsamic vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 chicken breasts, slightly flattened (about 1½ lbs.)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved if too large)
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 5 oz. bag spring mix
- In 1 quart saucepan, place balsamic vinegar and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan or grill over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook 8-12 minutes turning once. Cover grill pan or grill and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let set for about 5 minutes. Slice.
- Arrange spring mix, grape tomatoes, onions, strawberries and sliced chicken on platter. Sprinkle entire salad with balsamic glaze.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 340, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.5g (5% DV), Saturated Fat 0.5g (2% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 95mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 44g (15% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 37g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.