Created by: Julia Mueller, The Roasted Root
These spooky parfaits are the easiest thing to put together. Simply pick up your favorite fruit from the store (Halloween colors preferred!), chop it up, put it in fancy glasses and top with homemade whipped cream. For these parfaits, I used red plums, black grapes and blackberries. You can also use blood oranges, cherries, strawberries, blueberries or black plums.
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut cream (see note)
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 cups black grapes
- 2 red or black plums, pitted and sliced
- 2 pints blackberries
- Granola for serving, optional
Note: If your store doesn’t carry coconut cream, you can use 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk. Refrigerate the cans overnight so that the cream rises and solidifies at the top. When you open the cans, scoop out the white flesh, leaving the clear liquid behind. You’ll use only the coconut cream for the whipped cream and can incorporate the clear coconut water into smoothies or other recipes.
- Add the coconut cream, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; you can also use a mixing bowl and a hand mixer. Turn the mixer on to a medium-high setting and beat until everything is well-combined.
- Divide the black grapes, sliced plums and blackberries between 4 separate glasses. Dollop the desired amount of coconut whipped cream on top, followed by granola (if desired). Serve and enjoy.