This easy breakfast skillet comes together in no time. Swap out the sausage links with cooked chorizo and add a few more nacho toppings, like pinto beans, green onion and jalapeño, for a loaded breakfast skillet.
Hands-on Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen O’Brien potatoes
- 8 fully-cooked breakfast sausage links, cut in ½” slices
- ¾ cup salsa
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- In 10” skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage and salsa; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; reduce heat. Cover and cook 2- 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Top with avocado, olives and cilantro.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 640, Calories from Fat 390, Total Fat 45g (69% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 210mg (70% DV), Sodium 1590mg (66% DV), Carbohydrates 33g (11% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 28g, Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 25%, Iron 15%.