Warm up this winter with a batch of snickerdoodle cookies! A little bit of cinnamon gives these cookies their classic taste…perfect for enjoying warm and fresh, just a few minutes out of the oven.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar, plus 2 Tbsp., divided
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Beat together the shortening and 1½ cups sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; add to the shortening mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1" balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet, 2” apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let rest for 1 minute, then remove to cool on wire racks