Created by: Julia Mueller, The Roasted Root
When it comes to romantic holidays like Valentine’s Day, sharing a home-cooked meal is a memorable, cost-effective and meaningful experience. For a romantic evening in, this baked salmon with lemon-caper sauce is a marvelous choice.
The beauty of this recipe is threefold – it’s quick to prepare, healthy and delicious. Serve the salmon on top of zucchini noodles for a light, gluten-free meal.
- 1 lb. salmon, cut into two fillets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- Preheat the oven to the high broil setting and spray or lightly oil a casserole dish.
- Stir together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt in a small bowl until well-combined. Place the salmon fillets in the prepared casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with the spice mixture. Place dish on the second shelf of the oven under the broiler. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon is baking, prepare the lemon-butter-caper sauce by combining all of the remaining ingredients (except the zucchini) in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is fragrant and butter is bubbly, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- If serving the zucchini noodles hot, sauté them in a skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until noodles reach desired doneness.
- Serve salmon over zucchini noodles with lemon butter caper sauce.