Serve these healthy burgers with lettuce and tomato and your favorite burger condiments.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (5 oz.) boneless skinless pink salmon, drained
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. onion, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 whole wheat sandwich buns, split
- ⅓ cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained
- Tomato slices, if desired
- Lettuce, if desired
- Light gas or charcoal grill and heat to medium heat. In medium bowl, mix salmon, breadcrumbs, onion, paprika, pepper, egg and milk only until blended. Shape into 4 patties, ½” thick and 3½” diameter; brush both sides lightly with oil.
- Cook 8 -10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning once. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, dill and capers. Spread cut sides of buns with mixture.
- Place burger in each bun. If desired, top with favorite toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 400, Calories from Fat 180, Total Fat 20g (31% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 780mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates 31g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 6g, Protein 26g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%