Created by: Amy Christie, This Heart of Mine
Turn basic Rice Krispies bars into a delightful fall treat with a few spices and a layer of browned butter icing. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 bag (10 oz.) plus 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk
- For the bars, melt the butter over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Fold the marshmallows in and stir as they melt.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, stirring well to combine. Remove from heat.
- Finally, add the cereal and thoroughly combine.
- Press into a greased 9”x13” pan.
- For the frosting, melt the butter in small saucepan over medium heat until the butter turns a nut brown color.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour the butter into a separate bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk and stir until smooth. If the icing is too thick, add more milk, a little bit at a time, until the consistency is right.
- Spread a thin layer on top of the bars.
- Cut and serve.