Rubbing this turkey breast with pesto is a great cheat: so many flavors in one ingredient! The bell peppers add color, while cooking in wine or broth keeps the meat moist. You’ll have a hit on your hands with this recipe! Pairs well with sauvignon blanc and Belgian ales.
Hands-on Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 3 hrs. 10 min.
Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup basil pesto
- 1 bone-in whole turkey breast (5-6 lbs.)
- ½ each red, yellow and green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- Freshly grated pepper
- 2 cups Kroger Chicken Broth
- 1 cup white wine or Kroger Chicken Broth
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place a wire rack in a roasting pan; spray rack with cooking spray.
- Rub pesto over entire surface of turkey breast, lifting skin to thoroughly coat meat. Place cavity side-up on rack. Fill cavity with bell pepper rings. Sprinkle turkey breast with black pepper. Pour broth and water into pan.
- Roast turkey breast 2 hours, 15 minutes to 2 hours, 45 minutes until internal temperature is 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to bring temperature up to 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 320, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 13g (20% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 300mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars < 1g, Protein 42g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.