Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
This homemade hummus is an instant game day favorite, with lots of flavor and no guilt! Creamy peanut butter pairs perfectly with toasted coconut chips, and the Sriracha sauce gives it just the right amount of spicy heat.
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic® Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed, reserving ½ cup of liquid from can
- 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic® No-Stir Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic® Coconut Oil, liquid
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup toasted coconut chips
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce, depending on heat preference
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans, being sure to reserve ½ cup of the liquid from the can. Add the beans, peanut butter, coconut oil, garlic, coconut chips, chia seeds, salt and Sriracha sauce to a food processor. Add in the reserved liquid from the beans ¼ cup at a time until the hummus reaches your desired consistency.
- Puree the ingredients until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Taste the hummus and add more salt or Sriracha sauce if needed and blend again.
- Serve the hummus with baby carrots, pepper slices and whole grain tortilla chips or crackers. Enjoy! Hummus can be stored covered in the fridge for up to one week.