This simple soup is a healthy and delicious way warm up this winter.
10 minutes | Prep time: 10 minutes | Serves: 3
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 2 quarts of organic vegetable broth
- 3 portabella mushrooms caps chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Boil the lentils in 1 quart of broth and cook until they have absorbed the broth and become tender.
- Add olive oil to a pan and cook down the mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and onion to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Transfer the mushroom mix to the pot of lentils.
- Add the other quart of vegetable broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder and bring to a boil.
- Stir and serve.