Sweet mangos and a kick of habanero make game day wings a winner! Finishing the baked wings in a slow cooker or in the oven gives you some options for optimal serving.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min. | Serves: about 30 appetizers | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. chicken wing drummettes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 mango, cut in chunks
- 1 habanero chili, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil and spray with nonstick spray, or use nonstick foil.
- Place chicken in 1 gallon resealable bag; add oil, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Seal bag; toss to coat chicken.
- Arrange chicken in single layer on baking sheet. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and middle of chicken is at least 165°F.
- Meanwhile, in bowl of food processor, blend mango, chili, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, honey and ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Spray 3½-5 quart slow cooker with nonstick spray*. Place baked wings in slow cooker; stir in mango mixture. Heat over low heat 30-60 minutes; stir before serving.
*To glaze wings in oven, place baked wings in large bowl; stir in mango mixture. Drain drippings from foil-lined pan. Return glazed wings to lined baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes longer or until mango mixture is hot and glazes chicken.
Per serving: Calories 100, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 2g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.