Homemade hot chocolate gets even better when guests can add a flavorful twist to their drink and make it their own.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 10 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ gallon 2% or whole milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (10-12 oz.) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Stir ins, such as flavored coffee syrup, chocolate-hazelnut spread or peanut butter
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles, if desired
- In crock of 4-5 quart slow cooker, heat milk, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in microwave on High 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until chocolate can be whisked into milk and mixture is warm.
- Place in slow cooker; cover and cook on High at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until steamy. Stir in vanilla.
- Place about 1 tablespoon desired stir-in into mugs. Ladle hot chocolate over stir-ins; stir to incorporate. Top with Whipped Cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder to each mug for a flavorful jolt.
Per serving: Calories 390, Calories from Fat 150, Total Fat 18g (28% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates 53g (18% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 50g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 35%, Iron 6%.