Andouille sausage adds a smoky, slightly spicy flavor to thick and hearty baked beans. Baking time helps concentrate all of the robust flavors.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. 55 min. | Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) andouille sausage, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cans (28 oz.) pork & beans or baked beans
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12” nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Pour into 2½-quart baking dish or casserole. Bake, uncovered 1½-1¾ hours or until bubbly and mixture has thickened, and until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 220, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates 29g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 6g (24% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 8g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%.