Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Fall in love with the combination of fresh tomatoes, basil and creamy mozzarella, drizzled to perfection with Balsamic reduction.
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 ball (8 oz.) mozzarella
- Basil leaves
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Cut into ¼” slices.
- Slice the mozzarella ball into matching ¼” slices.
- Press a heart-shaped cookie cutter into each slice of mozzarella to create heart-shaped pieces. Set aside.
- For the balsamic reduction, pour balsamic vinegar into a small non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once the vinegar is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer until the consistency becomes syrupy. Stir occasionally.
- Remove vinegar from heat and cool to room temp.
- On a serving dish, lay the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella hearts in rows, alternating between each ingredient.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate any leftovers.