Spicy and full of flavor, these burgers are sure to please everyone with their varied toppings. Pass additional hot pepper sauce for those who want an extra kick!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced jalapeños, drained
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 oz. hot pepper cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns, optional
- 4 jalapeño chilies, sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 4 large tomato slices
- Sour cream, optional
- Combine the onion, ground beef, chilies, hot pepper sauce and salt in a medium bowl; mix gently but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties.
- Prepare the grill for medium high heat. (Alternately, burgers may be cooked indoors on a lightly oiled nonstick skillet.)
- Grill (or cook) burgers, turning once, until desired doneness, about 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Top with cheese slices last minute of grilling or cooking.
- Place burgers on a bun or serving plate and top as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 530, Calories from Fat 180, Total Fat 20g (31% DV), Saturated Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 2040mg (85% DV), Carbohydrates 57g (19% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 13g, Protein 37g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 35%, Iron 35%.