These icy cold fruit slush cocktails are perfect sipping on a hot summer day.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Medium
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 slice (½” thick) watermelon
- 1½ cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1½ cups frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1½ cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1½ to 2 cups club soda, well chilled, divided
- ½ cup well chilled vodka, divided
- With 1½” canape star cutter, cut 4 stars from watermelon flesh; set aside.
- In blender container, combine strawberries, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, ½ cup of the club soda and 2-3 tablespoons of the vodka. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth and slushy. Add 2-4 tablespoons more club soda if necessary for processing. Pour into 4 chilled glasses.
- Quickly rinse blender and lid with cold water. Repeat above directions with frozen pineapple. Carefully spoon over strawberry layer.
- Quickly rinse blender and lid with cold water. Repeat above directions with frozen blueberries. Carefully spoon over pineapple layer.
- Garnish each glass with a watermelon star and serve with short straws for sipping.
Per serving: Calories 250, Calories from Fat 5, Total Fat 0.5g (1% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 30mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 47g (16% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 40g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.