This rich, flavorful, crowd-pleasing chili is a recipe that will keep you warm down to the tips of your toes! Serve alongside chips and dip, chicken wings and a vegetable tray.
- Olive oil, to taste
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1½ Tbsp. garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tsp. cumin
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ Tbsp. chipotles in adobo, minced
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 cans (15 oz. each) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cans (15 oz. each) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups Coca-Cola®
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and minced chipotle and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except jalapeño, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve with fresh jalapeño slices.
To increase the sweetness and decrease the heat in this dish, add more soda and use less chicken stock.