Created by: Kristin Lesney of the Our Ordinary Life blog.
Bring everyone's favorite toppings and fillings to the table with a freestyle meal that's as fun as it is filling. Plus, baked tortillas are a healthier option everyone will love!
15 min | Prep time: 30 min | Serves: 4 | Yields: 8 servings
- Prepared ground beef
- Prepared rice
- Green and red peppers, sliced
- White or red onion, sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) container PeakFection® Red Salsa
- 1 (14 oz.) container PeakFection® Guacamole
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Flour tortillas
- Prepare ground beef and rice. Spoon 1/4 cup of salsa into rice and mix to create a quick red rice. Bake tortillas in a shell mold to create tortilla bowl or toast under a broiler to serve on the side.
- Slice peppers and onions and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, or until softened. Season and top with cilantro.
- Assemble ingredients. Place peppers and onions in a divided server or individual bowls along with raw diced onion, lime wedges, and additional cilantro. Pass around the tortilla bowls and invite your family and friends to create their own taco salad.
- Top with guacamole, additional salsa, and sour cream.