Sliced apples and flaky biscuits form the base of this sweetly-spiced spin on a coffee cake.
Cook time: 35-45 min | Prep time: X min | Serves: X | Yields: X
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 can (12 oz.) Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. whiskey, if desired
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Pecan Halves or Pieces
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 2 tsp. milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Using 1 Tbsp. of the butter, generously grease 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in pan.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces, points up, over apples. Top with remaining 1/2 cup apples.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, the brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, whiskey and egg; beat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved. Stir in pecans. Spoon over biscuit pieces and apples.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, remove from pan.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool. Cover and refrigerate any remaining coffee cake.