A microwave makes quick work of this cinnamon-sugar laced caramel corn. Make ahead to enjoy while watching the big game.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 24 (½cup each) | Difficulty: Medium
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 quarts popped corn
- In small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In very large microwavable bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook on High 3 minutes. Stir until well blended. Cook 1½ minutes longer; stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Quickly stir in popcorn, coating well with caramel mixture. (Mixture will be very hot.)
- Microwave caramel corn 1 minute; stir well. Cook on High power 1 minute longer or until coating is set. (For lower power microwave ovens, microwave an additional 30-60 seconds.)
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over caramel corn, stirring until all kernels are coated with cinnamon-sugar.
- Spread churro caramel corn on rimmed baking sheets; cool 30 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Per serving: Calories 590, Calories from Fat 130, Total Fat 15g (23% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates 101g (34% DV), Dietary Fiber 16g (64% DV), Sugars 18g, Protein 14g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%.