This cozy combination is big on flavor, for a soup that will deliciously chase the chills away.
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. (about 5 cups) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 Tbsp. dill weed, chopped, plus dill sprigs for garnish
- ½ tsp. salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare rice as directed.
- In a soup pot, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add broth and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Transfer a little at a time to a blender; cover and blend until smooth. Repeat until all soup has been blended. Stir in dill and cooked rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.