A light citrus dressing coats this simple salad, creating a light and tasty side dish.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 75 min. | Serves: 5-8 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 3 cooked beets, cut into chunks
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- For the vinaigrette: combine all ingredients in a salad dressing shaker or whisk together in a small bowl.
- Cut romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl. Add beets, orange segments and goat cheese to the romaine lettuce and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 300, Calories from Fat 160, Total Fat 18g (28% DV), Saturated Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates 26g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 8g (32% DV), Sugars 17g, Protein 13g, Vitamin A 450%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%.