Cored apples filled and baked until soft, then stuffed with a gummy worm half sticking out! Serve it slightly warm and the gummy worm just might move on you!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 1 hour | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 6 large apples
- 1 jar (4 oz.) boysenberry or other dark berry jam
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 gummy worms
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Core the apples from the stem end to ½” from the bottom; do not push all the way through.
- Stuff each hole with 1 teaspoon each of jam and butter; place all apples in a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve each apple in a bowl and spoon any syrup from the baking dish around each apple.
- In the top of each apple, insert a gummy worm with at least half of its body protruding.
Per serving: Calories 220, Calories from Fat 35, Total Fat 4g (6% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 15mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 48g (16% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 36g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.