One sip of this decadent hot chocolate will transport you to a cozy ski lodge in the Alps. Patterned sweater optional.Sweet and delicious, with just a hint of mint, this hot chocolate is a favorite for family members of every age.
Cook Time: 5 minutes | Prep time: 2 minutes | Serves: 1
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 6 cups milk
- 3 cups white vanilla baking chips
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Candy cane or crushed hard peppermint candy, if desired
- In chilled small bowl, mix whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and ¼ teaspoon 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk just to simmering over medium-low heat - do not boil. Reduce heat to low. Add baking chips; stir constantly with wire whisk until melted and smooth. Stir in ½ teaspoon 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract.
- Pour hot chocolate into cups or mugs. Top each serving with whipped cream. Garnish with candy cane for stirring, or sprinkle with crushed candies.