Created by: Jessica Williams, Butter With A Side of Bread
Get your craft on with these simple game day plates! Just grab some Sharpie markers and plain porcelain plates and tap into your creative side to make these festive serving dishes. Decorate with your favorite team colors or logos.
- Sharpie markers
- Porcelain plates
- Rubbing alcohol
- Paper towels
- Painter’s tape (optional)
- Clean plates and wipe surface down with a little rubbing alcohol. Let dry.
- Color on each plate using Sharpie Markers. Use painter’s tape to create sections or lines if that works into your design. To achieve the “watercolor” look, first color on plates, then saturate a section of paper towel with rubbing alcohol and pat or wipe gently to spread the color, adding more color if needed.
- If you mess up, don’t worry! Just use a clean towel with rubbing alcohol to wipe your design off and start fresh.
- When you’re finished, let plates sit for 24 hours.
- Place plates in cold oven, then turn the heat up to 425°F. Bake plates for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and let plates cool completely in oven.
- Use plates as you normally would for eating or serving, and enjoy your fun designs!