These stacked walnut place cards make for an easy but updated table setting that works with both traditional and contemporary décor. Partially dipping the walnuts in white paint adds a modern, minimalist edge.
Things You'll Need:
- Plain gift tags, place cards or cardstock cut into 1½"x2½" rectangles
- Rubber stamp in shape of leaf
- In-the-shell walnuts
- Paint (we used white, but you can tailor to complement your tablescape)
- Small cup or bowl at least 1" deep
- Use a rubber stamp to imprint a leaf motif onto plain tags or cardstock, then handwrite or type guests’ names on each.
- Pour paint into a small cup or bowl (disposable makes for easy cleanup!) and dip each walnut halfway into the paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Stack several walnuts into little piles at each place setting and wedge each guest’s place cards into the pile for a modern, yet rustic flair.