Created by: Jamie Bare, The Crafting Chicks
Need a fun idea for a fall gift or fall décor? Grab some yummy-smelling cinnamon sticks and candles and make this pretty DIY candle. Try making a bunch and displaying them as a centerpiece this fall. Or make several for friend or neighbor gifts.
- Fall-scented candle
- 3 or 4 cans of Kroger Cinnamon Sticks (or about 20 per candle)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue gun sticks
- Ribbon (that coordinates with your candle)
- Line up the cinnamon sticks in a line. You can choose if you want them closer together or with spacing. You will want to use about 20 cinnamon sticks per candle depending on the size of your candle.
- Cut your ribbon about 2’ long.
- Using hot glue, run glue along your ribbon (the length of your cinnamon sticks laid out).
- Place the ribbon, glue side down horizontally on top of the lined up cinnamon sticks. I like to have the ribbon run along the middle of the sticks.
- Press gently on the ribbon to adhere the glue to the sticks.
- Let it cool off and dry for 5 minutes.
- Now you can wrap your cinnamon sticks with ribbon around the candle. Place the sticks tightly around the candle. At the back tie the ribbon ends that meet. Tie a tight knot and cut off the excess ribbon.